Thursday, June 2, 2011


I received an email today from our case worker, and the subject line said, "submitted"!!! We were officially submitted to embassy today!!! 4 weeks wasn't too long, but considering there was a typo on the original court decree-- that had to be fixed, and then the embassy decided that they needed new information on all court decrees from this point on.... we got a bit delayed. But, we're on the final stretch of bringing Marshet home!!!!!! I'm praying that our file is totally complete and that the embassy will pass us straight through..... and he'll be coming home SOON!!!!

The next decision to be made is who's traveling next. The original plan.... even before we started the adoption process (2 years ago this June 21st!!!!), was that Mike, Jacob, and I would travel. Then the two travel rule happened. We decided that I would travel for court, and then the three of us would pick him up. After 24 hours of flying.... we're all dragging our feet about bringing Jacob-- even he is. :) And.... for me, the transition home after the first trip was tough. Jake was fine, but Grace seemed to really struggle once I got home. She was really clingy and needy, and seemed even stressed out when I left her room after tucking her in, etc.... I got a lot of, "don't leave me". So..... is it really the best idea to leave again, and this time come home with her new brother?!?! Or.... do I stay home, keep the house and family routine as intact as possible, and be fresh and excited to welcome Mike and Marshet home?!? Ughhh... tough decision. I know the pick up trip can be a quick one, and we won't be really touring around-- and I already did that a month ago. But, will I feel like I missed out on something big if I don't go this time? I've been praying about it a ton, and I know we need to decide soon. But, in all honesty, we are all just ready to have Marshet home and to start the summer and our life together as a family of 5!

All I know is that I'm packing this weekend, because no matter what we decide on the travel bit.... I want to be ready to hop on a plane at a moments notice to bring home our boy!!!


Kim said...

That IS a tough decision.. praying for ya'll!

Rebecca said...

I always wonder about traveling - what to do, what to do. I feel like I can go on both trips, because Ben is king around here according to Eli : ) I really want all of us to go on the second trip, but Eli is adamant that he is not going because he doesn't want to get shots. Such a stinker :)

I know it'll all work out whatever you all decide. Can't wait for Marshet to be home!

Karin said...

Wow!!! I have been out of the blog world and just got on to catch up on your journey and just saw your new son. He is so handsome!! So happy for you all!

The Page Team said...

Beautiful pic if your newest addition. So glad you are on the last stretch of the race!


blogger templates | Make Money Online