Thursday, March 26, 2009

Sharks, Hair, and a dancing DVD

Well, I have had to step it up a notch lately with Jacob in the hopes of avoiding some of the behaviors that he's been exhibiting. The lazy mom in me just got irritated with him, but then I grew up a bit and realized that he needs more during his day. He thrives off completing tasks, activities, lessons, etc. Meaning, just hanging out at home (on his non-preschool days) and "playing" is not enough for him. So, I've been spending a lot of time reading homeschool mom blogs, etc... and am going to do some more learning activities with Jacob. (up until about 3 months ago, Jake would spend all day doing crafts, playdough, puzzles, games, workbooks, etc. But, he's growing up, and I need to meet him where he's at now-- more challenging stuff-- to create more pleasant days at home!)

Here's our first project we did today: A Shark Lapbook (this probably isn't a "do it all in one sitting" activity, but that's Jacob-- he had to finish it and was a bit disappointed we couldn't make another one too) Tomorrow it's Jellyfish!
New Hair product!!!

I'm hooked. I bought the deep conditioner and leave-in conditioner (see post a few back) by Mixed Chicks. I'm not 100% sold on the deep conditioner (I really need something thick that I can coat on Grace's hair in the tub and then comb her hair out before rinsing). I probably just didn't let it sit long enough before starting to comb it out. All Grace wants to do in the tub is lay on her back-- makes it hard to let the conditioner really soak in!! But.... the most fabulous product is the Leave-In! Every one of Grace's ringlets are defined, soft, and frizz-free!!

The picture makes it look like her hair is still a bit frizzy, but it really isn't. Amazing stuff!!

Dance with Miss Kim

I read about this "Creative Movement" DVD on someone's blog-- can't remember where, now. Well, it's about the cutest thing ever and Grace LOVES it. I have been having a bit of "mom guilt" lately since I just haven't done all the little activities with Grace that I did with Jake (lucky first born!!). But, this DVD is just like one of the cute little Creative Movement classes. Grace wears her favorite little tu-tu and watches intently while trying to mimic all the "moves". It's pretty sweet. It's only about 20 minutes long and if Grace had her way, she'd watch it over and over again!

6 comments:

Aubrey said...

Thanks for the hair tip! I'm a bit nervous about doing my little one's hair. Grace looks fantastic!

Nikki & Matthew Savage said...

Yay, I'm glad you like the Mixed Chicks! As if Grace didn't have great hair already, though. Does she still smell yummy? :)

Karen said...

I'll definately have to try the leave-in - I haven't found one that I'm in love with yet so maybe this is it! Thanks!!

The Gresham Clan said...

Love it!! So great hanging out w/ you today!!

Anonymous said...

my eldest sounds like your eldest. he needs and likes to be directed. he needs and likes measurable accomplishments. and he really LOVES to be my helper. I think its great you are getting a little proactive with your boy, although I know it can be hard to stay in front of.

Grace is LOVELY.

Sam said...

Her hair is AWESOME!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online