Friday, November 20, 2009

Top of the list..... again?

For Grace's adoption, we got on the waitlist on April 7, 2007. Our agency had just recently opened their Ethiopia program, so there really wasn't a waitlist. It seemed like we were the 1st family to request an infant girl. Well, with that news, I "assumed" the call would come any day. 10 weeks later, our wonderful call did come! But, with no one ahead of us on the list, it was a very anxious 10 weeks. Now, fast forward about 2.5 years. We're back on the waitlist, and again it seems like we're starting the wait at the top of "the list"-- this time for a 4 year old boy!! There isn't anyone ahead of us to "stalk" and see how quickly they're moving up the list. So, again... I find myself "assuming" the call is going to come any day. But, this time my mind tells me that it can easily be a 10 week..... or longer wait, but currently, my heart isn't listening to my mind. I need to get a grip! :)

**and please, in no way, take this post as complaining!! I'm thrilled to be "maybe" at the top of the list! I just think the similarities between both adoption processes is funny. Somehow I just thought it would be easier to wait the second time around. HA!!

A few photos of "life" lately.

playdough and coloring. Coloring has taken over life lately. Both kids color all. day. long!!!!!


For a brief moment, I thought Jake was playing with Grace's dollhouse. A few minutes later I notice that his army men had invaded and taken over the dollhouse!



This girl. She would play outside, by herself, all the time if she had her way. She doesn't care if it's cold or raining. She just wants outside. :)

7 comments:

Karin said...

Hope you find some comfort in the wait. No, the waiting doesn't get any easier ~ though we do know how "worth the wait" the outcome is : )

JonesEthiopia said...

Waiting definitely is not easier the second time around. Actually, the wait for a referral wasn't as bad...

It is this wait after for travel that is by far worse.

Wow, that's a bit of a downer comment-- So I'll end by saying congratulations! And that I don't think your wait will be long! :)

Eryn said...

Suzi, you should call your caseworker at Gladney and ask her to talk to you about the matching process. I recently did this, and it was really helpful to understand how they do it and what the process is. It helped me understand the timeline better and feel like I sort of know what to expect because of the way the match families.

Heidi said...

Waiting is never easy! But I hope yours is a short one :)

Melinda said...

I have a question for you about Gladney could you email me please?
momtoo2girls@yahoo.com

Michael said...

You aren't getting your call because we are going to get our calls together and travel at the same time:)
I will call you this week.

Michelle
www.mfamilyblog.blogspot.com

Dawn said...

Oh I remember the wait... it's so tough, especially around the holidays. Hang in there! :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online