Monday, June 30, 2008

Smartest move I've made in a long time!!!!

All mom's know that balance in life is the key to a happy home. Well, I'd have to say that I haven't had a lot of balance since Grace came home. The transition from 1 kid to 2 was a little more difficult than I thought it would be. We have "playing together and going on fun outings" down to a science..... but finding time to clean, sort laundry, and tackle any type of home project has been a struggle for me. Grace is down to pretty much one nap now, so we do our together time, run errands, play, etc. in the morning and then she naps after lunch for a whopping 3+ hours. Now you would think I'd take advantage of those hours and get a lot done.... but Jacob doesn't nap and I use most of Grace's nap time to do activities with Jake. Hence the fact that I'm not getting a lot of chores done (and I'd much rather play than clean any day!!!) So, I have arranged for two of the sweetest 11 year old twin sisters to come to my house from 9-12 on Monday mornings to be my "Mother Helpers". They're in charge of the kids, but I'm still at home. It was FABULOUS!!!! The kids had a blast and I was able to sort through clothes in the kids' room, get bags put together for the Good Will, etc, etc..... I'm breathing a breath of fresh air today!!!!!!

**and I'm definitely open to any suggestions or tips as to what "system of cleaning and playing" has worked for you! Some days I really wish I was more of a Type A neat freak... but I just like to tell my husband that he married an Art Major--we're just a little more scattered than most!!!!

And... what's a post without a few pics??? Yesterday it was in the 90's so we spent the day at the lake!! Feeling lucky that Grace is such a water girl!!!! :) Lovin' the braids!!

6 comments:

Eastiopians said...

We will also be going from 1 child to 2 with our Ethiopia adoption, so I am so happy I found your blog! I have a 2 yr old now and life is crazy, so I know it must be extremely crazy with 2! Nice to "blog meet" you!

Mark and Sarah said...

Ooooh, that is a very SMART move you made. I wish I had 11 year old twins in my neighborhood :) No advice from my camp re: how to best organize your time--I feel like I'm barely getting by (and no, my floors are not clean)!

Michelle Riggs said...

That sounds like the perfect plan!

Your daughter's hair is beautiful. You are doing a great job styling it. She is beautiful.

Eastiopians said...

One more comment...my sister-in-law with 2 children taught me a great lesson...clean up after they go to bed and only then. Don't let the mess stress you out, just enjoy the cleanliness before you go to bed. It seems to work for me so far. But, I was also an art major. ;)

Laurzie said...

Great idea! I wish I had another thought for you, but, well... you've seen my house! :)
Love the pics, love the braids, miss you guys!
xo

Kristi J said...

Ok, so I'm NOT type A at all...I'm scattered and happy about it...The way I survive is to play with all my kids during the day while just picking up after them (never really getting to the cleaning stuff) and then stay up late and clean at night...I used to require much more sleep, but once your body gets used to it...it really is fine... I will never have a perfect house, but that is ok...that's just my personality, kj

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online